Energy storage technology
Advantages of lead-carbon battery energy storage system
Smooth Access to Renewable Energy
Peak Elimination and Valley Filling in Load Zone
Green energy, such as wind power and photovoltaic, has attracted wide
attention due to its advantages of pollution-free, wide distribution, renewable
and energy-intensive. In recent years, the development of green energy power
generation is very rapid. However, the characteristics of green energy power
generation are strong randomness and volatility, which causes the phenomenon of wind abandonment and light abandonment in China to be quite serious.
Energy storage system can effectively overcome the fluctuation of renewable
energy generation systems, such as wind power, photovoltaic power, by virtue of its operational characteristics such as replenishment and release.
1) Super long cycle life: 60% DOD deep cycle times exceed 3000, design life 15 years;
2) High safety: safe to use, no flammable and explosive danger;
3) Low power consumption: about 1/2 of lithium-ion batteries and 1/3 of traditional
4) Environmental protection: Waste batteries with high residual value, about 20% of the price of new batteries, can be completely recycled and reused;
5) Strong charging acceptance: the maximum acceptable charging current is 0.6C, which is three times as much as that of ordinary lead-acid batteries, and the full time of 0.2C
current is less than 7 hours.
With the increase of electricity consumption, the diurnal peak-valley difference
of power consumption is increasing. At the same time, more and more industrial
enterprises with highly automated production lines and users involved in
information and security fields put forward higher requirements for load-side
power quality. Energy storage makes possible sources dispatchable. It not only
plays an important role in power generation, transmission, substation,
distribution and power consumption, but also is widely used in microgrid.